1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION.
Generally. We collect personal information from our users. For example, we may collect and store personal information you enter using our Service. For example, when you sign up or register for an account at the Site, we request your e-mail address, name, and company name. We also may collect payment/billing/credit card information. The Site may contain forums or other services that allow you to post or respond to comments and questions. If you use these forums or services, we will collect the information that you provide.
Information collected by third parties. When you visit or use the Service, third parties may obtain information about you or your computer or device. These third parties may include:
For additional information about choices that you may have about third party information collection and use, see the “Your Choices” Section below.
Information from Use of APIs and Tools. The Tools may help enable you to receive or collect data transmitted through use of the APIs (the “Analytics Data”). The APIs and portions of the Tools are designed to be compatible with or embedded into websites and applications that serve video content, which will allow you to collect Analytics Data. Analytics Data may include information about people who view video content, such as IP addresses, cookie information, unique identifiers, details about the video content viewed, computer or device information, information about software or technology used to view videos, interactions with video content (e.g. when the user starts watching, when they click “pause”, when they skip an ad, etc.), and information from video content publishers and distributors (e.g., user IDs). If you use the Tools and APIs, we will collect the Analytics Data. For additional details about the Tools and Analytics Data, please see the Mux, Inc. Video Analytics Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”).
If you believe that one of the users of the Tools or APIs may have collected personal information about you from another website or service, or through use of the Tools or APIs, you should contact that user with questions about its privacy practices. This Policy is not intended to describe any Service user’s privacy practices, or our practices with respect to Analytics Data.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION. We collect, use, process, combine, retain and store personal information that we collect or receive for a variety of purposes, including the following:
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We also transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide personal information to third parties, including:
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not directly identify you directly as an individual.
4. YOUR CHOICES.
Marketing E-Mails. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you click the “unsubscribe” button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account or the Service, such as updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
Online Advertising. We collect and may permit third parties to collect information using cookies and other technologies, including for our and third party online advertising purposes. You may be able to “opt out” of some of this information collection by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device, but we do not promise that such settings will be effective. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for information on the settings offered for cookies or other tracking technologies. To learn more about cookies, you may wish to visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-cookies-leaving-trail-web and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Opt-Out pages at http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/choices-mobile (for mobile devices). For additional information about third party tracking and choices you may have, please see the “information collected by third parties” section above.
Do Not Track Preferences. While we want to honor your privacy as described in this Policy, unfortunately the Site does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer or browser transmits a “do not track” or similar message to us or the Site.
5. PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCESS AND CORRECTION. If you have registered for an account with the Service, we may provide you with the ability to access, review and change certain personal information by logging into the Service, visiting your account page, and using the features and functionalities available there.
Not all personal information is maintained in a format that you can access or change. If you would like to request access to, or correction or deletion of personal information, you may send your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request, and may require you to provide additional information to identify yourself, but we do not promise that we will be able to satisfy your request. For example, the personal information may already have been relied or acted upon, or disclosed to third parties, and we generally do not take steps (or have the ability to take steps) to undo prior reliance or actions. We also may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or if doing so would be burdensome in our discretion.
6. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION. We take what we believe to be commercially reasonable steps to help protect personal information that we collect, but we do not guarantee that personal information will be completely protected. For example, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal information by you is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking). The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) account credentials (e.g., user names or passwords) for access to certain parts of the Site or Service, you are responsible for keeping those credentials confidential. Do not give your credentials to anyone else. If you enter a section of the Service that requires a password, you should log out when you leave. If you believe that any account credentials for the Site or Service have been compromised, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
7. Data Retention. We tend to keep personal information for as long as we deem necessary for our business purposes, or as otherwise required to operate the Service, comply with your requests, or comply with applicable law.
8. PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13. The Site and Service are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information collected from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Service may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, social media sites, and campaign sponsors and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
11. CONTACTING US. If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
325 9th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
12. LAST REVISION DATE. This Policy was last revised on July 14, 2017.